Front cover analysis
View more presentations from JaspreetB.
This is showing my three front covers (NME, Rolling Stones and Q) which I have analysed. The three magazines I have chosen are related to my genre (Rock and Pop) of the music magazine. I then analysed the three front covers by the main image used, left side third, puff, masthead and so on. Analysing these front covers will benefit me when I design my front cover of a music magazine. It also gives me a idea how to use different image shots (long shot, mid shot, long shot and close up), puff, left side third, mast head and so on, also how the audience will see it in their perspective and how it will be portrayed to make a certain point. I am not sure but I would like to follow the path of Q magazine although all the magazines are quite similar but I prefer Q magazine because I like the house style they have used and the way they set their front cover out and the images they use. When I was researching front covers of magazines I discovered that there was a similar layout in all magazine front covers, it was sort of like there was a norm that this is how a magazine front cover should look like. The impact this had on my front cover is that I wanted my front cover to be different but not too different as it may look unappealing that I have drawn my magazine away from the traditional front cover of a magazine.
This is showing my three front covers (NME, Rolling Stones and Q) which I have analysed. The three magazines I have chosen are related to my genre (Rock and Pop) of the music magazine. I then analysed the three front covers by the main image used, left side third, puff, masthead and so on. Analysing these front covers will benefit me when I design my front cover of a music magazine. It also gives me a idea how to use different image shots (long shot, mid shot, long shot and close up), puff, left side third, mast head and so on, also how the audience will see it in their perspective and how it will be portrayed to make a certain point. I am not sure but I would like to follow the path of Q magazine although all the magazines are quite similar but I prefer Q magazine because I like the house style they have used and the way they set their front cover out and the images they use. When I was researching front covers of magazines I discovered that there was a similar layout in all magazine front covers, it was sort of like there was a norm that this is how a magazine front cover should look like. The impact this had on my front cover is that I wanted my front cover to be different but not too different as it may look unappealing that I have drawn my magazine away from the traditional front cover of a magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment