Sunday, 4 December 2011

Contents page analysis
View more presentations from JaspreetB.

This is showing that I have analysed two content pages (Kerrang and Q). Analyzing these content pages will give me a sense on what to base mine on. Kerrang and Q contents page are quite similar in which their is an equal amount of image and text on both. When I design my my contents page I would like to have the same amount of text and images because I don't want the content page to be dominated with images because it won't look as professional and if their is too much text it will look dull and lifeless. Then again I think that Q magazine have opted for a traditional content page in which the stories/ articles headings are on the left hand side, the main image is on the left. Kerrang haven't chosen to follow the traditional content page, they have chosen to challenge the codes and conventions in which they have layed out their content page. when I was looking at contents pages I discovered that all magazines have their own individual ideas for content pages, so I wanted to make my own individual. The impact this had is that it is very hard to design an contents page, this made me think carefully on how I wanted to design my contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment