Double page spread analysis
View more presentations from JaspreetB.
Here I have analysed two double page spreads (DPS); Q and Kerrang. This is giving me a sense of idea of how a double page spread will look like. These two double page spreads are very similar in which they have a main image on the right hand side, the main headline is on the left and the typography is big and bold. Also Q and Kerrang have used an drop capital to entice the reader. Then again Q and Kerrang have some difference in their DPS in which they have placed the article in different positions; Q have placed it on the left and in the color of the text is white which stands out on the black background. Then Kerrang have positioned it on the right also in white text color and placed on a black background (which is Linkin Parks trousers). From analyzing the two DPS i have realized when I do my own DPS I should considered the different aspects of a DPS and I have considered the back ground, the positioning of the main image and the article and what type of shot I use. When I was analysing the magazines I was amazed to find that DPS are very simple as they have one image on one page and on the other page they have the text. When I was browsing through other DPS I found that all DPS are very self explanatory. The magazine that I am creating will include a DPS which I will keep very simple as they have a better effect on the audience.
Here I have analysed two double page spreads (DPS); Q and Kerrang. This is giving me a sense of idea of how a double page spread will look like. These two double page spreads are very similar in which they have a main image on the right hand side, the main headline is on the left and the typography is big and bold. Also Q and Kerrang have used an drop capital to entice the reader. Then again Q and Kerrang have some difference in their DPS in which they have placed the article in different positions; Q have placed it on the left and in the color of the text is white which stands out on the black background. Then Kerrang have positioned it on the right also in white text color and placed on a black background (which is Linkin Parks trousers). From analyzing the two DPS i have realized when I do my own DPS I should considered the different aspects of a DPS and I have considered the back ground, the positioning of the main image and the article and what type of shot I use. When I was analysing the magazines I was amazed to find that DPS are very simple as they have one image on one page and on the other page they have the text. When I was browsing through other DPS I found that all DPS are very self explanatory. The magazine that I am creating will include a DPS which I will keep very simple as they have a better effect on the audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment