This is the first draft of my double page spread (dps). The successful thing about my double page spread is the image that it has the background of the brick, which then I have related to the font of their name, which goes really well. Also the font of The Attack looks like it has attacked as some of the text has broken off. Also the image was taken in a alley way and there could be a message behind as it makes it look like it is never ending which could mean that the band will never break up. The text under the band names in in a brown colour, which relates to the brick wall, which makes the image and the text link. The question are good that they are not the ones that you would expect to ask a band, so will attract the audience to read it. As I was researching and looking at other double page spreads I realized that there was a pattern between the majority of magazines. That they have an image on one side and the text on the other. Which I have followed that traditional double page spread. There are things that I would change of my double page spread. I noticed that there was a spelling mistake (gentleman), which I did not see, so I’ll have to change that. The page numbers that are in the top left and right hand side corner, just look like they are floating so I might have to put them at the bottom of the page and also the font that the page numbers are in looks it doesn’t relate to the double spread, so I might change it to the font in which it says The Attack in. The questions and answers are in three columns, I did insert two lines to separate but they aren't visible as I though they were so I would have to change the weight of the two lines to make it visible. Also in the second columns there is space at the bottom which makes it look empty compared to the other two, so I might insert some text or something to make it look full.

This is your best page yet.
ReplyDeleteThe font for the band name is great: powerful, creative and has impact. By using a colour for the headline underneath that is similar to the brickwork of the image, you pull both pages together nicely. And the image works well too.
Focus on the other two pages before working on this one.