This is the first draft of my contents page. There are some things that look good. For example I like the way that I have done the magazines mashed smaller then I wrote contents because mostly magazines write contents on the top of the contents page. I think how the images are positioned looks very effective as The Attacks lead singer is placed top left hand corner and then Chagger Cohen is placed on the bottom right hand corner. The reason why I have put these two pictures there is too create a Good VS Bad perspective. I have continued with my house style (white, red and black) throughout the contents page, which makes it look professional. The way in which I have done the page numbers at the beginning then the articles looks good because it stands out by using the colour red. I like the way that the articles are based around the images and not the other way round because it is the images that the audience will see first then they will read the articles. In my opinion I like that I have included a subscription box because it makes it look like a authentic contents page. Also the articles that were included on my front cover, I have used them in the contents page but if I didn’t the magazine would look inadequate. The research that I done before hand, had a huge impact because it helped me understand what features a content page needs. In my view that the two images I have used have both included props ( a guitar and beer) because it makes it look original and it doesn't make the magazine look phony. There are things that I would definitely for the contents page. For example the plain white background looks boring and dull, I would change to a solid colour or put effects on the background with two or colours. The number 18 s not aligned with the other numbers making it look unprofessional. The text for the subscription is positioned at the top; I will lower it down to middle so it doesn't look like it's been cut off. It might be difficult for the audience to identify what pictures go with which article, so I might put the name of the artist near or underneath the image stating who it is. Although it is good that I have inserted a subscription box, by reading the sentence it doesn't make sense. It also might be confusing to the audience what the editor’s top stories are so I might out a black or red box to identify what the top stories from the editor are. Throughout the content page I have only used the colours red and black, I might introduced another colour (grey) to make it stand out.

Images work well and represent the magazine and readership clearly.
ReplyDeleteThe font for the features is a little plain and with everything looking the same, there is a danger of the whole page lacking impact.
Go back to your CP analyses and get some inspiration for how to set out your own page. How have the editors there managed to create a varied and engaging CP?